World Cup 2018: Poland vs Colombia prediction, team news and preview as Group H favourites face elimination from ...
By Duncan Wright21st June 2018, 3:43 pmUpdated: 21st June 2018, 4:26 pm
POLAND take on Colombia knowing a defeat for either of the Group H favourites would see their World Cup hopes ended after two matches.
Colombia entered the tournament as many people's outside tips to make it to the latter stages, but they were humbled in match one when they slumped to defeat against Japan.
And Poland were also disappointing as they found Senegal too much to handle in their opening match - leaving their hopes hanging in the balance.
Colombia n eed James Rodriguez to fire in what is expected to be a close game - and Betway's offer of 40-1 that the Bayern star scores first in a 2-1 win for the South Americans looks tempting.
WE'RE RON THE BALL All the latest action, news, goals and gossip from the World Cup
nude awakeningSexiest shoots emerge of super-hot Russian fan who sent web into meltdown
ICE COOLWhat do Argentina need to do to stay in the World Cup? Group D table and results
VOWEL TEASERachel Riley vows to do Countdown nude if England win, but it's not as it seems
'retire in peace'Lionel Messi should retire from international football AGAIN, say fans
sexy footballRussiaâs hottest World Cup fan revealed to be porn star
Argie BargyZabaleta warns Argentina 'fans are angry' as images of fans spitting emerge
- This will be the first competitive meeting between Poland and Co lombia â" the South Americans won the most recent friendly 2-1 in Chorzow in 2006.
- Colombia have won only two of their nine previous World Cup games against European opponents (D2 L5), though these victories have come in their last four such meetings against Switzerland in 1994 and Greece in 2014.
- None of Polandâs nine World Cup games against South American opponents has finished as a draw, with the Eagles winning four and losing five.
Only once before have Colombia lost both of their opening two games in a World Cup tournament, doing so against Romania and the USA back in 1994.
None of Colombiaâs 19 games at the World Cup have ended goalless.
- Poland have lost seven of their last nine World Cup matches (W2), failing to score in six of those losses.
- Poland have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last nine Worl d Cup matches, since beating Portugal 1-0 in 1986.
- Juan Quintero became the first Colombian player to score in two different World Cup tournaments in their opening defeat against Japan (2014 and 2018).
- Despite failing to score against Senegal in Polandâs opening match, Robert Lewandowski has netted 21 goals in his last 16 appearances for his national team.
- Colombian Carlos Sanchezâs red card in their opening match against Japan was the first dismissal at the 2018 World Cup and was also Colombiaâs first ever sending off in the competition.